IAOA Assembly 2020 04
IAOA Ordinary Assembly - April-May 2020
As stipulated in the Association Statute and by other legal requirements, an ordinary assembly of the IAOA membership is being called, in April 2020, to examine and approve the IAOA Financial Report 2019. Details will be developed and presented on this page.
Events and Time-table
- Announcement of Assembly: 07 April 2020
- Publication of the IAOA Financial Report 2019 (ballot item): 16 April 2020
- Discussion: opens 16 April 2020, closes 23 Apr 2020
- EC finalizes details for publication of final versions: 28 April 2020
- IAOA Assembly called to order (by the IAOA President): 29 April 2020
- Ballot opens: 29 April 2020 12:00:00 (UTC)
- Ballot closes: 06 May 2020 23:59:00 anywhere (UTC-12)
- Announcement of vote results: planned until 08 May 2020
Ballot item and accompanying material
Ballot Item: IAOA Financial Report 2019
[as of March 25, 2020: to be published]
[as of April 8, 2020]
To Whom It May Concern, We have checked independently the account of the association IAOA Switzerland from 2019-01-01 to 2019-12-31. The bill closes with expenses of 5,703.80e and earnings 23,293.81e, with a profit of 17,590.01€. To the best of our knowledge, the balance shown in the balance sheet is consistent, and the accounting is clear and managed correctly. Megan Katsumi, IAOA Auditor Adrien Barton, IAOA Substitute Auditor
Go to Member Area > "Utilities" > "Vote on 2019 Financial Report", then cast your vote - many thanks!
Process Details and Remarks
[as of March 25, 2020: to be added]
Results of the Ballot
[as of March 25, 2020: here to be announced after ballot closing ]
Terms of Reference
- Please refer to the IAOA Statute, especially Clauses "13. Assembly" and "11. Voting and Decisions".
- In effect, no quorum applies and there must be more "Yes" than "No" votes in order to approve the Financial Report (and the Auditors Report).
- If you would like to vote by proxy, please state so via email to both (a) the member holding your proxy, and (b) <secretary[at]iaoa.org>
It is the responsibility of the Assembly: [...] To approve the annual financial report and the report of the auditors; [...]. The Assembly approves motions on Statute changes and the dissolution of the Association by qualified majority, all other decisions are made by simple majority.
(excerpt of Clause 13.)
By default, ballots on motions have the voting options "Yes", "No" and "Abstain". For such ballots the following definitions apply.
A simple majority is reached if there are more "Yes" than "No" votes, disregarding the number of abstentions. A qualified majority is reached if at least two thirds of all casted votes are "Yes". In ballots of the Assembly, there is no quorum for motions that require a simple majority and motions that require a qualified majority have a quorum of 30% of all personal members. All ballots of the Executive Council, [...]."
(excerpt of Clause 11.)