From IAOA Wiki
- 1. [Natural Language] (https://www.lexico.com/definition/taxonomy)
- The branch of science concerned with classification, especially of organisms; systematics.
- The classification of something, especially organisms.
- (count noun) A scheme of classification.
- 2. A representational artifact taking the form of a graph with nodes representing kinds of things (universals) and edges representing subtype or subclass (is-a) relations among these types of things. The most familiar kind of taxonomy is the classification of living things: domain, kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, and species. [ Arp et al., 2015 ]