IAOA Assembly 2021 04
- 1 IAOA Ordinary Assembly - Mar-May 2021
IAOA Ordinary Assembly - Mar-May 2021
As stipulated in the Association Statute and by other legal requirements, an ordinary assembly of the IAOA membership is being called, mainly in April 2021, to examine and approve the IAOA Financial Report 2021. Further details will be developed and presented on this page.
Events and Time-table
- Announcement of Assembly: 26 Mar 2021
- Publication of the IAOA Financial Report 2020 (ballot item): 26 Mar 2021
- Discussion: opens 26 Mar 2021, closes 12 Apr 2021
- EC finalizes details for publication of final versions: 15 Apr 2021
- (no changes to version published on 26 March 2021)
- IAOA Assembly called to order (by the IAOA President): 20 Apr 2021
- Ballot opens: 20 Apr 2021 12:00:00 (UTC)
- Ballot closes: 30 Apr 2021 23:59:00 anywhere (UTC-12)
- Announcement of vote results: planned until 05 May 2021
Ballot item and accompanying material
Ballot Item: IAOA Financial Report 2020
The ballot concerns the IAOA Financial Report 2020 . After preparation, the Report and the underlying books have been checked by the Board of Auditors. On 23 March 2021 the Executive Council had pre-approved the Financial Report (with pending minor editorial changes) and the Auditors Report was positive . With publication to the IAOA Membership, it can be examined and debated during the discussion phase of the ballot.
Informative Item: IAOA Budget 2021
Though not part of the ballot, the IAOA Budget 2021  is provided and can be subject to consideration during the discussion phase.
Go to Member Area > "Utilities" > "Vote on 2020 Financial Report", then cast your vote - many thanks!
Process Details and Remarks
- Go to the IAOA website, Member Area and log in with your IAOA account details. If you do not remember your password, use the Lost your password? page. If even that should fail, please contact <secretary[at]iaoa.org>.
- Find "Utilities" as an item under "Member Area" and follow the ballot link on "Utilities" to the ballot page.
- Cast your vote for the 2020 Financial Report, with these voting options:
- "Yes" (for acceptance)
- "No" (for rejection)
- The act of casting a vote constitutes a member's participation in the assembly.
- Only voting "Yes" contributes to achieving the simple majority of favorable votes that constitutes approval of a ballot, while "Abstain" and "No" do not. In particular, also "Abstain" counts as a vote, but not as a favorable vote.
Results of the Ballot
[as of April 15, 2021: here to be announced after ballot closing ]
Terms of Reference
- Please refer to the IAOA Statute, especially Clauses "13. Assembly" and "11. Voting and Decisions".
- In effect, no quorum applies and there must be more "Yes" than "No" votes in order to approve the Financial Report (and the Auditors Report).
- If you would like to vote by proxy, please state so via email to both (a) the member holding your proxy, and (b) <secretary[at]iaoa.org>
It is the responsibility of the Assembly: [...] To approve the annual financial report and the report of the auditors; [...]. The Assembly approves motions on Statute changes and the dissolution of the Association by qualified majority, all other decisions are made by simple majority.
(excerpt of Clause 13.)
By default, ballots on motions have the voting options "Yes", "No" and "Abstain". For such ballots the following definitions apply.
A simple majority is reached if there are more "Yes" than "No" votes, disregarding the number of abstentions. A qualified majority is reached if at least two thirds of all casted votes are "Yes". In ballots of the Assembly, there is no quorum for motions that require a simple majority and motions that require a qualified majority have a quorum of 30% of all personal members. All ballots of the Executive Council, [...]."
(excerpt of Clause 11.)