IAOA Assembly 2022 11
- 1 IAOA Extra-Ordinary Assembly - November 2022
IAOA Extra-Ordinary Assembly - November 2022
An extra-ordinary assembly of the IAOA membership is being called, in November 2022, to examine and approve the IAOA Financial Report 2021. Further details are developed and presented on this page.
Events and Time-table
- Announcement of Assembly: 09 Nov 2022
- Publication of the IAOA Financial Report 2021 (ballot item): on or before 09 Nov 2022
- Discussion: opens 09 Nov 2022, closes 23 Nov 2022
- EC finalizes details for publication of final versions: 29 Nov 2022
- IAOA Assembly called to order (by the IAOA President): 30 Nov 2022
- Ballot opens: 30 Nov 2022 12:00:00 (UTC)
- Ballot closes: 06 Dec 2022 23:59:00 anywhere (UTC-12)
- Announcement of vote results: planned until 09 Dec 2022
Ballot Item and Accompanying Material
Ballot Item: IAOA Financial Report 2021
The ballot concerns the IAOA Financial Report 2021.
Informative: Auditors Report 2021
After preparation, the Financial Report and the underlying books have been checked by the Board of Auditors, reporting positively on 02 November 2022. On 07 November 2022 the Executive Council reviewed the Financial and the Auditors Reports and approved the Financial Report for this ballot. With publication to the IAOA Membership, it can be examined and debated during the discussion phase of the ballot.
Go to Member Area > "Utilities" > "Vote on 2021 Financial Report", then cast your vote - many thanks!
Process Details and Remarks
- Go to the IAOA website, Member Area and log in with your IAOA account details. If you do not remember your password, use the Lost your password? page. If even that should fail, please contact <secretary[at]iaoa.org>.
- Find "Utilities" as an item under "Member Area" and follow the ballot link on "Utilities" to the ballot page.
- Cast your vote for the 2021 Financial Report, with these voting options:
- "Yes" (for acceptance)
- "No" (for rejection)
- The act of casting a vote constitutes a member's participation in the assembly.
- Only voting "Yes" contributes to achieving the simple majority of favorable votes that constitutes approval of a ballot, while "Abstain" and "No" do not. In particular, also "Abstain" counts as a vote, but not as a favorable vote.
Results of the Ballot
[as of 09 November 2022: to be added]
Terms of Reference
- Please refer to the IAOA Statute, especially Clauses "13. Assembly" and "11. Voting and Decisions".
- In effect, no quorum applies and there must be more "Yes" than "No" votes in order to approve the Financial Report (and the Auditors Report).
- If you would like to vote by proxy, please state so via email to both (a) the member holding your proxy, and (b) <secretary[at]iaoa.org>
It is the responsibility of the Assembly: [...] To approve the annual financial report and the report of the auditors; [...]. The Assembly approves motions on Statute changes and the dissolution of the Association by qualified majority, all other decisions are made by simple majority.
(excerpt of Clause 13.)
By default, ballots on motions have the voting options "Yes", "No" and "Abstain". For such ballots the following definitions apply.
A simple majority is reached if there are more "Yes" than "No" votes, disregarding the number of abstentions. A qualified majority is reached if at least two thirds of all casted votes are "Yes". In ballots of the Assembly, there is no quorum for motions that require a simple majority and motions that require a qualified majority have a quorum of 30% of all personal members. All ballots of the Executive Council, [...]."
(excerpt of Clause 11.)