SWAO:Conference Call 20160711

Number 33
Duration 1 hour60 minute
3,600 second
0.0417 day
Date/Time July 11 2016 15:30 GMT
8:30 PDT/11:30 EDT
4:30pm BST/5:30pm CET
Convener Mike Bennett

IAOA Semantic Web Applied Ontology (SWAO) SIG

Meetings are normally on the first Monday of the month at these times. Today's call is deferred from last week (4 July)

The main agenda item is next steps on the AO Special Edition.


  • Issue of the Journal of Applied Ontology
    • Status update
    • Notification Responses sent for submitted papers, except one
    • One paper update received - what happens next with those?
    • New papers: Hackathon etc. actions
    • Editorial for Special Edition
  • Housekeeping
    • Any new updates?
  • Other Things
    • Moving or changing the SWAO Blog?
  • AOB
  • Next Meeting


[16:32] KenBaclawski: I am having trouble getting into the conference bridge.

[16:32] MikeBennett: OK Item 1 Infrastructure: the Conference facility does not seem to exist

[16:32] MikeBennett: I have tried both the host code and the participant code, it says they are not valid.

[16:33] MikeBennett: We will use Mike Bennett's GoToMeeting instead.

[16:33] MikeBennett: Details to follow...

[16:35] MikeBennett: 1. Please join my meeting.


[dial-in details omitted for clarity]

[16:35] anonymous morphed into AndreaWesterinen

Paper submitted to AO has not appeared in the Editor queue for the Special Edition. Details:

[16:45] AndreaWesterinen: 349-1329

[16:49] AndreaWesterinen: Integrating GoodRelations in a Domain-Specific Ontology

[16:52] MikeBennett: Email sent to Nicola and Mark as the editors, to add this to the queue and look out for future papers as well.

[16:52] MikeBennett: The resubmitted Katsumi and Gruninger - MB to assign the same reviewers.

[16:52] MikeBennett: Other papers - MB to copy to all present.

[16:54] MikeBennett: Baclawsky et al - making significant revisions.

[16:54] MikeBennett: Includes revision relating to Internet or Things, including an interesting "No problems found" diagnostic with modules returned to manufacturer.

[16:56] MikeBennett: Relates to decision process for this kind of issue.

[16:57] MikeBennett: This will be resubmitted soon.

[16:57] MikeBennett: The Hackathon ones:

[16:57] MikeBennett: Ken will get to his one after submitting the reviewed paper.

[16:58] MikeBennett: MB to also do a Hackathon one after the current FIBO rush is over.

[16:58] MikeBennett: We are also expecting one from Till - we don't know if this is also in the Dark Queue

[16:58] MikeBennett: MB to email Till and find out.

[16:59] MikeBennett: Editorial...

[17:04] MikeBennett: Andrea also writing the separate paper we mentioned last time on presentation of ontology content - this is to be submitted imminently.

[17:05] MikeBennett: We also said we need a paper on terminology.

[17:05] MikeBennett: (we did not decide who would make that happen)

[17:10] MikeBennett: MB can write that off the back of the Summer Camp material.

[17:11] MikeBennett: Include not only ISO 1087 / TC37 but also societal elements of this.

[17:18] MikeBennett: Meeting ended

Previous Meetings

... further results