|Duration||1 hour60 minute |
|Date/Time||March 4 2019 19:00 GMT|
|11:00 PST/2:00pm EST|
|7:00pm GMT/8:00pm CET|
IAOA Semantic Web Applied Ontology (SWAO) SIG
Meetings are normally on the first Monday of the month at these times. The meeting this month is an exception.
- Financial Ontology Workshop in Summer 2019
- Shared events calendar - 2019 events
3. Discussion of new initiatives
- NEW SWAO Resource on TLO and Ontological Commitment considerations (see January proceedings)
- Bridging the gap between AO and SemWeb
- Definitions of ontology and related terms - IAOA glossary
- Liaison with other bodies (IOF etc.)
5. Next Meeting
[14:24] Ken Baclawski: Housekeeping: The web pages look fine.
[14:25] ToddSchneider: Here's another meeting that may be of interest: http://stl.mie.utoronto.ca/fomi2019/home.html
[15:12] Ken Baclawski: We discussed setting up a SWAO Resource on TLO and Ontological Commitment considerations. It is easy to create a blog on the IAOA website for this purpose. Not much seems to be happening in the Education Committee, and it is unclear that such a blog would need to be related to them.
[15:13] Ken Baclawski: As for Upper Ontologies, Barry Smith has a textbook on BFO which is available for free online (apparently not with Barry's permission) that has lots of examples and advice about building ontologies based on BFO.