|1 hour60 minute
|July 12 2021 18:00 GMT
|11:00am PDT/2:00pm EDT
|7:00pm BST/8:00pm CEST
IAOA Semantic Web Applied Ontology (SWAO) SIG
THIS MEETING TOOK PLACE ON MONDAY 12 JULY
Meetings are normally on the first Monday of the month at 2pm Eastern Time. However, this meeting was moved due to the US holiday.
- We use Zoom for these meetings - details at Connection Details
- Actions from last meeting
- RobertR new foundational ontology?
- KenB status update on the workshop communique from the IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Methods in Situation Awareness and Decision Support (CogSIMA)
- Main points for a "What is an ontology?" paper
- Housekeeping and next meeting
- RobertR was not in attendance - new foundational ontology action still OPEN
- KenB to provide CogSIMA update - OPEN
"What is an ontology?"
The meeting was focused on discussing and expanding the ideas in this presentation. New and expanded topics (added during the meeting) are shown in the presentation in green.
NEW ACTION: AndreaW to create initial draft of a "what is an ontology" paper based on the discussions and presentation.
The next SWAO SIG meeting will be in late August (date is still TBD).
- Ken Baclawski
- Andrea Westerinen
- Todd Schneider